WWE could have some major plans in place for Cesaro, with a big match at WrestleMania 37 possibly on the cards.
With Seth Rollins set to go up against Shinsuke Nakamura at Fastlane this Sunday, Dave Meltzer has reported that the match is being used to set up Rollins vs. Cesaro at WrestleMania next month.
Related: 9 Backstage Stories About Cesaro We Can't Believe
“That’s to set up the Seth Rollins and Cesaro match at WrestleMania, so Shinsuke Nakamura is just a stepping stone to that," Meltzer is reported to have said on Wrestling Observer Radio, per WrestleTalk.
Fans will certainly be pleased should Cesaro get pitted against Rollins for the Show of Shows as he's been one of the members of the WWE roster who they reckon is being underused by the promotion.
The 40-year-old Swiss superstar is reported to have signed a new deal with WWE a few months ago but he refused to be drawn into confirming whether or not he has indeed affixed a signature to a fresh WWE contract.
"I’m not going to confirm or deny anything," he told Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated earlier this month. "To me, there needs to be a certain amount of mystery in wrestling. A lot of that magic gets lost, so I’ll let people talk. What is important to me is my work in the ring."
Not A Long Wait
Given this latest bit of speculation, it would appear that there is a contract dated this year that is in Cesaro's name - though Meltzer is the one who reported on the new deal in early March.
If Meltzer is correct, we will likely see how things unfold in that regard during Sunday night's PPV. There isn't that long of a wait.
Source: WOR (H/T WrestleTalk.com)
Next: Cesaro Names The Superstar He Wants To Face At WrestleMania 37