The man arrested for staging a kidnap attempt at the home of WWE superstar Sonya Deville has been hit with a number of charges.
Phillip A. Thomas II was taken into police custody on Sunday morning after stalking Deville and illegally entering her dwelling space. According to PWInsider, Thomas has since been charged with Aggravated Stalking, Armed Burglary of a Dwelling, Attempted Armed Kidnapping and Criminal Mischief. He has also been assigned a public defender.
Related: Man Arrested For Attempted Kidnapping Of WWE Superstar Sonya Deville
The accused will be at a pre-trial detention hearing this Thursday, where he will learn whether or not he will be allowed bail. He remains in custody at the Hillsborough County Jail in Florida.
Per Tampa law enforcement, Thomas had been planning to kidnap the wrestler for months and, sometime after midnight on Sunday morning, parked his car in front of her house, cut through her patio screen and remained there for hours. He made his entry into the home around 2:24 AM after Deville went to sleep but triggered an alarm by entering through a sliding door.
He was spotted by Deville, who fled the property with a guest and called 911.
Thomas was still in the house when the cops got there and was found with a knife, plastic zip ties, duct tape, mace and other items. He is said to have told the deputies he was "planning to take the homeowner hostage."
Thomas' Twitter account is littered with retweets from Deville's account, as well as messages to the WWE star and replies to her tweets.
Deville Offered Her Thanks
Deville took to the social media platform to thank fans and the authorities on Sunday.
"Thank you everyone for your love and concern," she wrote. "A very frightening experience but thankfully everyone is safe. A special thank you to Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office for their response and assistance."
Thomas likely hasn't found an opportunity to retweet the above yet.
Next: Raw Winners and Losers: Chaos Rules The Show (And Not Because of Retribution)
Source: PWInsider