The door between NXT and WWE's main roster is used a lot more frequently than it used to be. Gone are the days of NXT Superstars being called up the week after WrestleMania never to return. WWE tends to test the waters beforehand nowadays, calling wrestlers up for a match or two before mulling over a call-up while they continue to compete in NXT. That might not be the case for The Creed Brothers who are set to make their Raw debut tonight.
Permanent Call-Up For The Creeds
WWE has already confirmed the former NXT Tag Team Champions will be making their Raw debuts against Alpha Academy tonight. However, Wrestling Observer Radio (via WrestleTalk) has reported the plan is for this to be a full call-up for the Creeds. "I was told (Sunday night) that right now, barring any changes – not like it’s 100%, but right now – they’re being called up," Dave Meltzer said on WOR.
RELATED: NXT Halloween Havoc 2023 Guide: Match Card, Predictions
Whether that means Julius and Brutus Creed will be on Raw or SmackDown remains to be seen. They'll also have at least one more match in NXT before they leave the brand as they're on the card for night two of Halloween Havoc. The Creed Brothers will face off against Humberto Carillo and Angel Garza on Tuesday night which means they're about to have a very busy couple of days. I can see them being used on SmackDown this week too if WWE hasn't settled on which brand they'll call home moving forward.
We've Been Here Before
This isn't the first time it felt like the Creeds were nearing a permanent call-up. The real-life brothers lost a losers leave NXT match earlier this year in what still feels like a bizarre booking decision. The loss came at the hands of The Dyad who had requested their release from WWE at that time and have since left the company. It felt like a shock for shock's sake when having the team that wanted to actually leave lose to get them off TV would have made all the sense in the world.
If The Creeds are leaving NXT this week, then they need to pick up a big win tonight on Raw. It's no secret that WWE has liked the look of The Creeds for a while due to their legitimate background and they've likely been waiting for them to be as close to the finished article as possible before calling them up. Have them lose tonight and they'll be fighting the tide from day one.