Chris Jericho doesn't seem to think the coronavirus is as serious as its being made out to be and has said his Fozzy shows will continue amid all of the cancelations of major events happening worldwide
The former AEW World Champion is the lead singer of the heavy metal band and, with a tour set to start next month and carry through to the end of August, Jericho has told TMZ that the authorities are the only ones who can have them put plans on hold.
Jericho also referred to the news surrounding the outbreak and impact as "mass hysteria."
Previously: Why AEW Decided Revolution Was The Right Time For A World Title Change
WWE and AEW look like they're going in the same direction amid the widespread fears and have no intention of canceling any of their shows. The younger promotion put out a statement on Tuesday in which they informed fans of their plans to keep things rolling.
"All AEW events are currently moving forward as scheduled," the statement reads (via Wrestlingnews.co). "Of course, the safety and well-being of AEW fans, partners and talent is always our top priority, so we will continue to closely monitor the rapidly evolving situation related to COVID-19 and be guided by government officials, health organizations and venue management.
"AEW will update ticket purchasers if there are any changes to the event schedule, and we encourage everyone in the AEW family to be good to themselves – and each other – by taking preventative actions as recommended by the CDC and WHO."
The Tour Won't Affect Anything
In case you're wondering how this Fozzy tour might affect Jericho's availability as it pertains to AEW, none of the band's shows take place on a Wednesday and he will be part of Dynamite every week, including the upcoming Blood and Guts episode.
Next: Daniel Bryan Seemed To Take A Swipe At AEW During Elimination Chamber On Sunday
Source: TMZ/Wrestlingnews.co