It appears Braun Strowman's return to Monday Night Raw will be a one-and-done. While the brand split isn't really a thing any longer in WWE, there is a divide between the Raw and SmackDown rosters with WWE talents being listed as a member of one brand or the other. According to a report, Strowman is likely to be part of the blue brand, appearing almost exclusively on Friday nights for the SmackDown brand.
After making his return to WWE on Monday evening, WWE cameras caught up with Strowman backstage who said he would reveal all this coming Friday when he appeared on SmackDown. As per Pwinsider.com, it sounds like SmackDown is where the Monster Among Men will stay. They report that Strowman will be a regular on the SmackDown brand going forward and be presented as a babyface.
The larger-than-life star took to social media after his appearance on Monday night and told fans, "I’ve missed you all so very much!!!!!" There was also an exclusive interview to the YouTube page where Strowman said, "The monster of all monsters is back, and nobody is safe. I will see you all this Friday night on SmackDown."
Strowman Is A Draw For WWE
Why he's pegged for SmackDown isn't clear, but Triple H does view the big man as a draw for the company, saying in a recent interview with Ariel Helwani that there's no one else in the industry quite like Strowman.
Strowman was released last year by WWE in a run of company budget cuts under Vince McMahon. It was believed that the company had too many big mean and that Omos and Commander Azeez could fill the hole opened up by Strowman's departure. That didn't exactly happen. Triple H is expected to push Strowman heavily in the coming weeks and if he's pegged for SmackDown, it could be that he feuds with Roman Reigns down the line.
TheSportster Podcast has returned! Check out latest episodes of the show where Jim Parsons and Norman Quarrinton cover the latest news and events happening in the worlds of WWE, AEW and more!